Sunday, July 15, 2007

Boulevard of Broken Dreams is locked in my head

... and it is driving Jean-Marie and Renee crazy, because I am (apparently) humming it absently mindedly continuously, including (apparently) during Mass today. I don't even like the film Moulin Rouge, old version or new. It is the Marianne Faithfull version that caught me - hadn't heard it since the 1980s - this is why iTunes is dangerous. It plays awfully nicely on cello, in any of three octaves - d minor, sliding, sliding, sliding all the way up to a very high A on the A string. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff on cello or violin. Two or three cellos would be very, very cool with this. Okay, I wonder if I can make a trade with Renee ... she plays this on her cello with me, and I offer to play the bass line of her Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Musical, Once More With Feeling? Hmm.

No comments: